Shadows of the Past

Friday 9 March 2012

The kickoff

Phew! The very first post. Fingers are itching to write hundreds of words. But I know, you being one of the first visitors of this blog, have infinite (may be finite) questions in your mind. Who am I? Whats this blog about? and may be the expression, 'Just another blog on the net!' well, to be true, don't have very high hopes. None of my my friends, acquaintance or anybody ever said those cliche lines to me,'Hey, you know what, you write well and I think you should have a blog!'(imagine in filmy style :D).So, why am I here? The reason is simple. I am a story-teller and I need someone to listen to me:). My blog is simply about movies( a big movie buff, that's where I get the blog title from), music(its art of living for me) and Thoughts(sometimes poetic and  most of the time not :p).To start with, let it be poetic this time and here follows one of my attempts to describe people who share the similar lines of thought as me  :

"Dream On"
 As I stand at the edge of this cliff,
 my heart pounds hard to play a riff.
Wings of desires have already spread out,
primed to pierce, through the clouds of doubt.
They say my dream is nothing, but a synonym of myth,
the round thing up there has craters all over and a borrowed glow along with.
I say, unlike poets through the ages, am not just swooned,
 by the eternal ,yet invincible beauty of moon;
but my audacious hopes arise from the pleasures that we have shared,
under starless lonely nights; in spite of the long distance, about which we never cared.
Moreover, my dream is not unique.
It has been admired by zillions and worthier than any antique.                                                                                                                        
Yet, I have dared not to learn from others’ mistake,
Not to die as a silent admirer who spent each night, beside the lake.
I want to judge my own delusions,
and not just  agree if they call it by the name of an illusion.
Here, I fly off to new horizons;
Don’t stop or call me from back, as my ears are now immune to any sirens.
Eager to meet my destiny at the cost of whatever it takes,
I am sure of finding the light, though the night may seem so very Blake!

P.S: And if in anyways you are wondering about the 'Damini' thing, then friends, its nothing but a synonym of my name in Hindi (and an awesome hindi movie too!)

4 comments:

  1. Awesome poem..i like d most " Not to die as a silent admirer who spent each night, beside the lake" n "Here, I fly off to new horizons;
    Don’t stop or call me from back, as my ears are now immune to any sirens." Keep writing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind words of encouragement my first reader(I guess so, as you only commented;))

      Delete
    2. Damini,the last lines are too good and motivating. Great writing yaar!!!
      (Vikas Rahi)

      Delete